Monday, October 26, 2009

So Many Things......

***Warning Warning Warning*** There might be a couple of blogs from me in the next couple of days. I have not had the chance to write any blogs and there are so many things I want to say and catch you all up on.


I am not sure if you all have heard this story on the news...... Somer Thompson. Somer Thompson was a 1st grader from Orange Park, Florida. She disappeared on 10/19/09 while walking home from school. After a tremendous community search, her body was found two days later by the police at a Georgia Landfill.

So many of us have been affected by this horrible story......not just Clay County but from all over!

Putting aside all the judgements, thoughts, and opinions of who could have done this, what could have been avoided, what this world has come to........this has all made us stronger individually and as a community. From the moment that Somer was missing, people were in the streets passing out flyers, posting images on Facebook, walking in the streets/ woods, stopping cars to hand out pictures of Somer, raising money for family, having vigils every night, mourned, hugged their children more often, and started paying better attention to their surroundings.

Seeing the below image and video brings chills through out my body and water to my eyes.





(I am not sure how to post video's yet.....but here is the link- Somer's Balloon Release )
There is a saying that God has reason for everything. I know that some people do not believe that or sometimes cannot understand the reasoning to his plan.
I do believe that God has a plan for everything, but I do also believe that God does not causes such ugliness. I believe that someone ruined God's plan and I have complete faith that God is up there with sweet little Somer (listening to her advice) with scrolls and scrolls of papers trying to rearrange what someone messed up.



No comments: